Coleslaw might be that generic side dish that you find in any basic western restaurant, but it does not mean it’s not worth making at home, especially if you pour in quality ingredients, a moderate amount of mayonnaise and a dash of homey love.
|Delicious Homemade Coleslaw|
Having decided that cabbage will become one of my staple food for its many benefical health properties, and being a rabbit that always has carrots at home (I eat them raw as snacks…), I decided to make my first coleslaw and it really turned out delicious.
A fruity, sun-infused yet a bit fatty deluxe coleslaw is best enjoyed with this 311 take on The Cure’s – Love song
- 350 g cabbage (without core)
- 3 medium carrots, peeled
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3-4 tbsp mayonnaise
- freshly ground pepper and sea salt
- seasoning mix
- grated parmesan & cheddar
- fresh coriander leaves (cilantro)
- dried raisins
- Grate the carrots and shred the cabbage.
- Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Mix with a spoon, season with sea salt and ground pepper.
- Decorate with flat leaf parsley.
Preparation time: 10 min
Any suggestion to make this coleslaw even tastier?
Please share in the comments below!
Love gastronomy? Check our other Food articles